Who Are We?
The TRA is the respected voice of the trussed rafter and metal web joist industry in the UK. The Association is committed to stringent standards of quality and service and sets a professional benchmark for the industry.
Members include the principal manufacturers of trussed rafters, metal web joists, suppliers and professionals involved in roof and floor design and construction.
The TRA requires all its manufacturing members to have third-party supervised Quality Assurance and Professional Indemnity insurance so helping to ensure quality and peace of mind for the customer.
TRA: Our objectives
- ENCOURAGE architects, engineers and specifiers to choose trussed rafters and metal web as their preferred products
- OFFER expert advice and technical information on design and development of roofs and floors
- IMPLEMENT common design and safety standards
- DEVELOP the professional status of members and their employees
- SUPPORT members through a range of services
Trussed rafters stand out as a sophisticated and highly-engineered product, with superior fabrication underpinned by high production standards. They are more flexible and more cost effective than many other methods of roof construction.
With metal-web joists, not only can the floor span further than with conventional joisting methods, but the speed of installation both of the floor itself and the subsequent services in the floor zone is much faster.
Companies are independently assessed against “chain of custody” standards to demonstrate they can supply wood productsderived from sustainable forests.Two frameworks oversee development of forest certification, these are Forest Stewardship Council (FSC), Programme for Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC)