Sales and Design
The TRA’s well-received online learning course, produced in association with Edinburgh Napier University, is available to members at preferential rates. The course content is presented in two parts:
- TRA Online Training Part 1 – Essentials – Introduction to Trussed Rafters for Designers and New Staff
- TRA Online Training Part 2 – Advanced – The next step for Trussed Rafter Designers
Where both elements are booked together this represents 40 hours of online learning and is available to TRA members at the special discounted rate of £300 per candidate (ex VAT). For more details click here. To register candidates for the course please email the TRA office.
TRA online training is tailored to prepare staff for System Provider Software Training.
Download a free guide to Training through the TRA
Production and Safety
Several new qualifications have been developed specifically for staff in the woodworking industries. Follow the links below for more information:
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Wood Products Manufacturing
- Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Engineered Wood
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Wood Machining
- Equipment provider Operator Training
- Level 2 Award in Timber & Panel Products
If your business is involved in trussed rafter installation the course below is invaluable:
- CSkills Awards Level 2 Diploma Site Carpentry – Specifically Unit K/504/7882 Carry out structural carcassing operations
This critical qualification is available through several local colleges that offer construction training. Alternatively, this type of formal qualification can be delivered through specialist commercial providers such as Didac, either as a standalone qualification or as part of an on-site apprenticeship scheme.
Wood Campus is the UK timber industry’s free information and Continuing Professional Development (CPD) site. Current content includes:
- 90 Second Know-Hows: 10 key fact modules covering topics such as cladding, fire doors and joinery.
- Fast-track CPD modules: Short CPD-style modules on products such as windows, decking and cladding.
- Articles and Downloads: including TRADA builders’ factsheets on topics such as sheet materials, strengths and spans.
- RIBA CPD: An updated version of Wood for Good’s RIBA-accredited online learning, aimed at architects but also widely used within building and timber merchants
- General Information: Films on forestry, sustainability and related topics.