Installing trussed rafters requires specific construction skills which involve working at height and handling dynamically unstable materials.
A full site-specific risk assessment must be undertaken before any work commences.
Before you begin:
- Check and read all assembly drawings and information provided by the truss supplier
- Ensure all personal protective equipment (PPE) is worn and correctly fitted
- Ensure scaffolding is in place and signed off
- A safe working platform within the structure is strongly recommended
- Ensure hop-ups and scaffolding edge protection are in place
- After reading the truss layout drawings, identify the easiest starting point using the simplest roof of trusses.